Oh. My. Goodness. Felt cookies?! Debbie's 7th anniversary project was so clever and I loved how she went into detail showing how to create the different types of cookies. Zero calorie, guilt free cookies in whatever type you can dream up! I had so much fun with this challenge and took a break from my autumn inspired projects to think ahead a bit to Christmas. I pulled out my Shaker Shapes die sets of trees and stars and thought these would work nicely for creating holiday sugar cookies. (Sure wish there had been a candy cane one, too!) The cookies got me thinking about my friend Carla, who for several years hosted cookie exchanges in her lovely home. I thought the felt cookies could be a cute way to invite someone over for a cookie exchange party, and that's where I got the idea to insert a "cookie" into the glassine bag and then attach the invitation to the outside with a small decorated clothes pin.
This was another one of my favorite projects from the whole weekend! I used Debbie's idea of taking the small, half moon like pieces from the Damask Snowflakes dies to create the sugar cookie sprinkles. I chose to just glue everything together for this project and abandoned the notion of sewing since I figured it would take me too long! The clothes pin is embellished with a small Holly Jolly die cut, and I used the Monthly Moments Journal Card 1 to make the invitation panel, which is stamped with cookie images from Sweet Holiday Wishes. The "cookie exchange party" is from the Holiday Button Bits stamp set, and the invitation text is from the By Invitation stamp set.

1 comment:
Love how you've incorporated the felt challenge into an invitation, Victoria!
Post a Comment