Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Stamp A Faire 2017--Carissa's Challenge: 10th Anniversary, Tin & Aluminum

Well, I've come to my final project, #21, of the weekend!  What a great event!  Even though I missed hanging out with my crafting buddy, Kristie, I'm glad I played along and took a few extra days off from work so I could fully participate in Stamp A Faire.

Carissa showcased gilding flakes for her 10th anniversary project.  While I have purchased the Nuvo gilding flakes, I actually stumbled across an old package of gilding sheets in my stash and opted to use that instead. 


I went with a wedding themed card for this one, and pulled out Propose a Toast for the glasses, bubbles and sentiment.  The "bubbles" at the top of the champagne flutes are supposed to be hearts, but my gilding flakes made a bit of a mess of them.  The flakes left behind some residual sparkle dust that didn't seem to want to come off, and I liked that look so I decided to just let it be, rather than start over.  I adhered a die cut black heart from Enclosed: Heart on top of the pearlized white panel and then layered the die cuts, sentiment and bubbles on top.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your take on the tin/aluminum challenge! Bet the guilded background looks so pretty in real life! I found the flakes awful to deal with and like your idea of using the sheets instead