Lexi challenged us to create a pottery-inspired, clay/paper clay embellishment for the 9th anniversary. I still had half a package of Creative Paper Clay in my stash from the baking theme Stamp A Faire a few years ago and pulled that out. It seemed pretty dry and I thought I was going to have to toss it, but I added a little bit of water to it and that revitalized it to the point I could work it again. So if you're in the same boat, try adding a bit of water to it before you throw it away!
I opted to do another fall project and used a small leaf image from Autumn Pumpkins to stamp all over the rolled out paper clay in Terracotta Tile and Orange Zest inks. I vaguely recall seeing the cover of a Martha Stewart magazine several years go where leaves had been carved into a pumpkin and I thought it looked so pretty, so that was my inspiration. Then I used the coordinating dies to trace and carve out paper clay pumpkins. I noticed as the paper clay dried, the ink seemed to really fade out, so I went back after the clay had mostly dried and re-stamped the leaf images to bring the color back. I also stamped the green pumpkin stems at that point.
I die cut a vellum square and the pinked edge leaf patterned paper square from Limitless Layers 2.5" dies and a couple of vines from Winterberry dies and layered my clay pumpkins on top. I thought the vellum softened the patterned paper a bit and brought a little more attention back to the clay embellishments so they wouldn't get lost against the busy background. I also used a couple of patterns from the Leaf Prints patterned paper collection for the background panel and the sentiment layer. The sentiment is from Autumn Pumpkins.

No comments:
Post a Comment