Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Stamp A Faire 2017--Laurie's Challenge: 10th Anniversary, Tin & Aluminum

We are at the final anniversary year, 10!  I've mentioned throughout my various posts about this last weekend that I've had several favorites, but I have to say, I think this may be my most favorite card of the bunch.

Halloween crafting will always have a special place in my heart because it's the holiday that introduced me to stamping.  I still remember my mom coming home from the local art store one fall weekend in 1992 with several Halloween stamps and sitting down with me, my sister and Grandma and we all created cards together.  Back then we used printer weight colored paper that we folded into fourths to make a card, stamped our image directly onto the card front, and used Crayola color pencils to color our images.  I think we had two ink colors at that point--black and orange.  One-layer cards is what we made.  If we added any embellishments, it was either a sticker or some glitter, that was applied with Elmer's glue.  Man, the crafting industry has sure advanced and the different types of tools at our disposal now are amazing!  My love of crafting began back in 8th grade and it still excites me just as much today as it did then!

If you're still reading this post, thanks for hanging in there with me while I reminisced!  Back to my card...Laurie showcased a unique technique for creating a tarnished foil project.  I decided to make a Halloween card as I was anxious to try the new Wicked Elixir stamp set and dies.  I found the small skull embossing folder (from Tim Holtz--another Tuesday Morning score!) in my stash and embossed the creepy image onto my tarnished foil paper, then started to die cut and stamp the labels for my bottles.  I didn't have a specific plan, but my card ended up turning into what I see as a witch's pantry!  All of her potion bottles lined up on a shelf, which have provided a nice resting point for the gleaming red-eyed spider!  Feel free to click on the photo for a closer look.


The black background paper is a scrap from a decorative envelope that was junk mail I salvaged from the recycle pile!  So glad I saved it as it provides a cool wallpaper look for the witch's pantry!

2 comments:

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Woah!!! Seriously cool card! I especially love the different colors you added to the foil!! And that background on the black cardstock...LOVE!
Thanks so much for playing along!

Bev wilkinson said...

Love your reminiscing and your card! I think I need that Halloween set too....